Welcome to Chemistry
Dr. Khadga Shrestha shaking the hand of Kansas State University's President Kirk Schulz during the Graduate School Graduation on Friday, December 7, 2012.
The Department of Chemistry at Kansas State University offers programs leading to the B.S., B.A., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees and is located in the Chemistry/Biochemistry Building, the H. H. King Chemical Laboratory. If you have questions after browsing these pages, please get in touch with us by following the “Contact” link above.
On Thursday, April 24th, we welcome George Bodner from the Purdue University to our Departmental Lecture Series. He will speak on “I’m finally beginning to understand why I didn’t understand …” in King 4 from 1:30p.m.- 2:30p.m.
He will also speak on "Eternal Verities: Or How To Make Your Students Hate You Less If Not Necessarily Love You More" at 4:00 p.m. in King 209.
•Yasmin Patell again named to ACS Division of Chemical Education’s Examinations Institute
• Congratulations Stefan Bossmann for receiving this year's University Distinguished Faculty Award for Mentoring of Undergraduates in Research!
• Congratulations Christine Spartz - our department's 17th Goldwater Scholarship winner!
• Stefan Bossmann, Leila Maurmann and team awarded $1.3M NSF instrumentation grant
• Christine Aikens receives Iowa State University Alumni Award
• Dan Higgins receives Distinguished Graduate Faculty Member Award
• Saying Good-Bye to Ken Klabunde
• Olga Koper Honored at the White House!
• An Accurate and Rapid Screen for Early-stage Cancers!
• Building Better Batteries